Q : What are the definitions of the Terms ( or Terminology ) used on the Clarity SaaS application ?
A : The following are definitions of Terms (Terminology ) used in the app.
- Clarity : Clarity is a multi tenant SaaS application running on the Web or mobile devices that is user friendly and “No Code” scheme to manage asset health, operations and maintenance.
- Asset : An asset is a representation of of a physical object. An asset has a unique identifier such as a serial number to specifically identify the physical entity. An asset could contain a product, components or multiple products containing their sub identities as a structure.
- Product : A product is a definition/design of a manufactured object. A product could contain other products as components.
- Machine : The term machine may mean the same as an asset or product and as such differentiated from component(s) within the product or an asset.
- Component : An asset or a product that is part of another asset or a product.
- Sensor : A sensor is a device or an utility built in to a machine or a component that captures, accumulates and transmits the recorded information as a telemetry to a target location or to a cloud database.
- Telemetry : Data that is associated with operational measurements of an asset. Telemetry is also referred to as IOT data or sensor data such as temp, pressure or a defined fault condition.
- Owner : An owner (or an ownership) is the representation of a physical entity that has a relationship between assets and or tasks. An ownership can be financial or an operational/functional one such as “a fleet operator” or “a maintainer” .
- Category : Category is a classification of products meaning a grouping of like machine type. A group of similar machines or products are differentiated by their specific identifier such as a serial number.
- Fleet : Fleet is a like grouping of machines/products/assets only differentiated by a specific identifier. Fleet of equipment may contain a category of product or a listing of products defined by model type. Fleet function is used to sort and display a collection of machines bound by a common designation.
- Location : Can also be referred to as the current or prefered location. Location is defined as the physical geographic address or described by the longitude and latitude where the asset is located.
- Media : Media refers to the source of the product documentation or “Resources”. Examples of the product documents could include a theory of operations manual, maintenance manual, service aids etc.
- Resources : Resources are product documentation providing an overview of the “Machine” and service tips/guides to assist in the work order execution. Resources are the reference documents and visual aids for the equipment or it’s components.
- Structure : A structure refers to the parts that go into making a product. A BOM (Bill of Materials) would be a structure that defines components, assemblies and various sub-products that constitutes an asset.
- Widgets : Widgets are dashboard panels that provide a snapshot view of the named content or and/or provide you with detailed data and query result behind that widget. Widgets are compiled reports and query results from the Alchemy IoT analytics depicted as a console views of various metrics on the Clarity dashboard.
- Dashboard : Dashboard is the default view screen on the Clarity UI containing “Widgets” panels providing a snapshot or a console view of the tenant’s assets and results.
- Favorites : A product or a component can be designated and flagged as such and will appear on the “favorites” widgets panel for a direct access as opposed to navigating to that specific content.
- Tenant : Tenant is a client or customer of Clarity application.
- Branding : Branding refers to the look and appearance of the Clarity dashboards and content views. The company logo or a Favicon can be uploaded and the color scheme can be established for the look on the Clarity UI data through “Customize” screen on the SAdmin UI.
- Terminology : Terminology refers to the descriptors and section headers used on the Clarity data screens. The terms are white labelled as shown on the “Customize” screen on the Admin UI under “Terminology” section. A particular term can be customized by modify and update action.
- Group : An org or a functional group that has access to various data elements on the Clarity application as granted in the Admin UI set up step.
- User : An individual within a specific group that is authorized and authenticated for access to the Clarity data per the group permissions. Users are designated in the Admin set up step after the group(s) are established.
- Issue : Issue is something that needs tended to within an asset. An issue could be a fault condition or a routine service maintenance needed messaging.
- Events and Actions : Events and actions are things to trigger something based of the telemetry data. The triggers are based on logic such as “If” and “then” conditional statements or a pre-established threshold reached/exceeded.
- Notification : A messaging scheme used to communicate, advise or escalate a need for an action be it instructional, preventative, routine or remedial.
- Task : The representation of an action to be taken on an asset or a group of assets. A task could be a work order or a procedure that is invoked as a result of an event.
- Step : The definition/design of a small discrete piece of work to be done on an asset. A step could be a line item of a task or a could be a sequence of line items to be taken in a certain order.